Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New way of living

So with the birth of our fourth child Cody, we have discovered he has food allergies. He can't eat gluten, dairy, or eggs. So we as a family will be removing those from our house with the exception of eggs. I wont be baking or cooking with eggs, but if someone wants to make them selves some eggs that's fine. I will try and keep up to date with the blog on how this is going.
This is going to be a huge change for our family. I don't see the gluten being as much as a challenge as the dairy. Because we love cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, cheese, and some more cheese. I'm also going to have get back to basics and cooking way more from scratch. Which I was doing before but was so tired I started buying more convenient foods. So not much of that going on in our house any more.
I can say that when we do find something that is gluten, dairy, and egg free, I feel like I hit the jack pot. Like just the other day at Costco I found some chocolate chip cookies! And the best part is they taste amazing! Even my picky husband likes them.
So goal one is to use up the food we have in the house that contains gluten and dairy. I'm socking up on the new foods that are gluten free, and that we can use for cooking with in place of the dairy and gluten foods we used to cook with. We will probably end up donating a lot of food to the local food bank as well.

No comments: