Wednesday, November 3, 2010

House work is never done

No matter how much you clean it's never clean. If you have kids or animals you will understand and relate to this.
I can have my bedroom completely clean and everything put away and sure enough what happens, the kids come in and start pulling clothes out of the closet, or the dog jumps on the bed and messes up the nicely made bed.
Dishes; I can have every single dish in the house washed, dried, and put away. Then one of the kids will want a drink or a snack or I will be hungry or thirsty. Then look you have another dirty dish.
Laundry oh the lovely laundry. I really can't say I have had ALL the laundry in the house done at once. With two kids, one on the way, husband, a dog, plus myself, towels and extra items like that, the laundry is always there no matter what.
With the fall and winter months coming I know that my floors will never stay clean for more then five minuets as well. Weather it's the dog coming in with wet muddy feet, kids forgetting to take their shoes off, my husband who forgets to take his muddy boots off outside. The floor is a total loss.
So one may wonder why bother to clean in the first place. Well it's something that just has to be done. If we did not clean we would smell bad, look bad, and no one would want to be around us. If you don't do the never ending laundry then at some point your clothes will stand up on their own. If you don't do the dishes then you will get mold on them and you can get sick. If you don't clean the floors you could step on something that can hurt you because it was not cleaned up the right way.
So yes cleaning is a never ending battle for anyone, but for a mom it's a never end job/battle what ever you want to call it. It's just part of being mom.

1 comment:

krr.pushit said...

You are spot on about the floors. Once fall hits, the floor is constantly dirty between muddy dog paws and muddy husband prints. So frustrating!