Monday, March 15, 2010

Rehab

So my Dad has been in rehab for a few days now, sadly I have not been able to make it into town to see him but hope to soon in the next few days. My Mom said that he is walking so much better it brought her to tears. And that was just in the hospital, so I'm sure he could be walking even better now than he was in the hospital. He was also able to pick up paper clips with his left hand and drop then into a cup.
They said he would probably be in rehab for about one to two weeks, then continue PT at home. We are hopping his insurance will pay for his PT to come to him at the house. It would just make things so much easier on everyone around here. But if not then we will work out a schedule to take him into PT as much as he is needing to go.
With my Dad being a very private person, if you want to know something very funny that he did you should call him. Ask him about speaking spanish he will know what you are talking about. And if he does not know, i.e. playing dumb, just give me or my Mom a call and we will be more than happy to fill you in.

No comments: